Frauds using the ACS brand 8/1/2024
During the recent period, we have observed increased fraud attempts, affecting both you, as our customers, and consumers in general, through phishing e-mails. These emails purport to come from ACS, using our company logo, in order to steal data and commit fraud.
These messages work like this:
- They may closely resemble actual ACS messages to customers.
- They copy the logo, features and style of the actual e-mails.
- They use terminology that gives the sense of urgency.
- They may ask you to download an attachment to your device or click on a link.
The official communication of ACS is always sent from e-mail addresses ending in @acscourier.gr
We never use providers like @gmail, @yahoo or other free email services to send e-mails.
Fraudulent SMS messages (smishing)
SMS scams work as follows:
Typically, they ask you to click on an e-mail link or call a phone number to verify, update or activate an account.
The official communication of ACS via SMS is from the sender "ACS" or from the Viber channel "ACS Courier".
ACS Fraud Instructions
- Stop, look at and evaluate the message or SMS you just received. Take your time and carry out the necessary checks before proceeding with any action.
- Check the following carefully: compare the address with any actual messages you may have received. Check for spelling and grammar or syntax errors.
- If anything seems suspicious do not reply to the message, do not click directly on the link and do not download the attached file or image.
- In case of any doubt, check the ACS website for related announcements. We advise you to be very careful and cautious. Please note that ACS accepts no liability for any costs, charges or payments made in accordance with the procedures as a result of fraudulent activity.
Thank you for your cooperation. We are at your disposal for any clarifications you may need.
ACS Postal Services S.M.S.A