Frauds using the ACS brand
Recently, there has been an escalation of fraudulent attempts by both our customers and buyers / consumers in general, through "Phishing" e-mails, which appear to come from ACS, even using our company logo, with the aim of data interception and / or fraud.
Fishing messages work like this:
- they can be very similar to the messages that ACS sends to its customers.
- they copy the logo, features and style of the actual emails.
- they make use of terminology that gives the sense of urgency.
- you are asked to download an attachment to your device or click on a link.
- The official communication of ACS is always sent from e-mail addresses ending in @acscourier.gr
- We never use providers like @gmail, @yahoo or other free email services to send e-mails.
Fraudulent SMS messages (Smishing)
SMS scams work as follows:
You are usually asked to click on an online link or call a phone number to verify, update or reactivate an account.
The official communication of ACS via SMS is from the sender "ACS" or from the Viber channel "ACS Courier".
ACS Fraud Instructions
In case you receive such malicious email or SMS:
- Stop, look at and evaluate the message or SMS you just received. Take your time and carry out the necessary checks before proceeding with any action.
- Check the following carefully: compare the address with any actual actual messages you may have received. Check for spelling and grammar or syntax errors.
- If anything seems suspicious do not reply to the message, do not click directly on the link and do not download the attached file or image.
- In case of any doubt, check the ACS website for related announcements. We advise you to be very careful and cautious. Please note that ACS accepts no liability for any costs, charges or payments made in accordance with the procedures as a result of fraudulent activity.
In any case, we assure you that the ACS team is working intensively to deal with such incidents, while thoroughly examining any suspected fraudulent reports that you can forward to its Customer Service.
Thank you for your cooperation - we remain at your disposal for clarifications.
ACS Postal Services S.M.S.A.